VOGONS

Compile SVN in macOS?

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 172, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Dominus - One more question. Does SDL-1.2 still need this patch (downloaded in my old script this way):

curl -o CoreAudio-SDL-1.2.diff -L https://bugzilla-attachments.libsdl.org/attac … ent.cgi?id=2272

Reply 61 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I don't know anymore 😉
I don't apply it anymore, so probably not.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 62 of 172, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dominus, one more question, and apologies for bothering you about this.

I'm making real progress on my script, and want to add one interactive help for the user. For autoconf, automakers, and lib tool, I can use this bit of script to tell the user that the executable is already installed:

if command -v autoconf > /dev/null 2>&1; then
echo "Autoconf is installed. You may reinstall if you want."
else
echo "Autoconf is not installed."
fi

Is there an equivalent that I can use to check if zlib, libpng, etc., are already installed?

Reply 63 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Use
pkg-config --libs zlib
It's a crude way since it only reads the zlib.pc file in lib/pkgconfig but it's some way at least. Maybe pkg-config has something more in its command options.

Something else: Yesterday I found that Dosbox with output=opengl does not look good when compiled against SDK 10.15/11.x and run in Big Sur. Can you confirm this?
(It's only taking a portion of the dosbox window)

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 64 of 172, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for that pkg-config test.

Yes, in an earlier post in this thread I reported the problem with the tiny text in the lower left of the window with OpenGL. I fixed it by using output=surface, but obviously that's not a real solution...!

Reply 65 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Grrr, sorry missed that. The only "solution" I found is using the SDK 10.14 🙁
I suspect that's another problem caused by Apple in the SDL 1.2x backend ;(

Reply 67 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'm trying to find out what's wrong, filing a bug with SDL. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. In the meantime, SDK 10.14 is the way to go unfortunately. Everything other than opengl is very slow on macOS 🙁

Reply 69 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hmm, what's the problem?

As for the SDK/OpenGl problem, with SDL's test program (testgl) I get the same issue. So it's either a SDL or a general issue on Big Sur (but likely SDL as there have not been other apps that reported something like that).
I'm getting screenshots ready now and will make a bug report at SDL

Reply 70 of 172, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got the pkgconfig problem solved; I don't know what I got wrong earlier.

One other thing about my script: I can't use /opt etc. on my system because it needs sudo to access it, so I've done what I did in my old script, which is create a $HOME/Development folder and install into that. So far, it works....

I'll keep working on my script, but won't go public until there's a fix for OpenGL under Big Sur. If I have to end up installing the 10.14 SDK somewhere, I will, but I'll hope it won't be needed.

EDIT: I remember a similar SDL problem with DOSBox-X...

Reply 71 of 172, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

More on this:

I suppose it's possible for the script to download

https://github.com/phracker/MacOSX-SDKs/relea … 0.14.sdk.tar.xz

and then expand it to the build environment, but it would of course be better if upstream fixed the problem...

Reply 72 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

hmm, I'll see if I can get dosbox-x to chime in in the SDL bug report https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL-1.2/issues/839

Reply 73 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
emendelson wrote on 2021-03-10, 15:24:

EDIT: I remember a similar SDL problem with DOSBox-X...

you were right! See the issue https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL-1.2/issues/839 again, with a patch based on two commits by JC.

Reply 75 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

it's a patch for SDL, they need to put it in the SDL 1.2 git 😀

Reply 77 of 172, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yes, but it might get soon applied to the sdl github, I might have caught the right person's attention 😉

Reply 79 of 172, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, here's a scripting question. To test whether autoconf, etc., are available, I use this:

if command -v pkg-config > /dev/null 2>&1; then
echo "pkgconfig is available to this script. You may reinstall if you want."
else
echo "pkgconfig is not available to this script."
fi

But I can't figure out what to write that will make the script report cleanly whether a library is available. This does NOT work:

if pkg-config --libs zlib | grep -q 'was not found' > /dev/null 2>&1; then
echo "zlib is not available to this script."
else
echo "zlib is avaiable to this script. You may reinstall if you want."
fi

It always reports that "zlib is available" - even if the script tests for something like "nothing" instead of "zlib". What is the secret to getting this right???