VOGONS

IBM Music Feature Card/Yamaha FB-01

Topic actions

Reply 260 of 263, by McCheeseBob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you're looking for a period accurate editor for the FB-01 you'll most likely have to look outside the PC. I used a patch editor on an Atari ST for years, still works in an emulator like STEEM too. I believe it was a specific build of YSEDITOR. You'd definitely still be better off with the recent modern editor if you want to get into the nitty gritty aspects of its sound editing, FM patch creation can be hard enough as is. Definitely not the easiest little device to squeeze its potential out of but it can be fun.

Reply 261 of 263, by cristyro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lchiocca wrote on 2020-01-08, 12:08:
Hi guys, […]
Show full quote

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted any updates. I have completed the first (and major) part of the full IMF emulation in dosbox 😀. It currently allows you to play (probably) all the sierra games purely in dosbox. As you might have already read between the lines, it's not compete yet. There are all lot of IRQ problems that I need to sort out (IRQs to dosbox and IRQs from the ym2151 chip to the IMF), but they will be addressed in the near future. You can also find a couple of mp3 of space quest 3 and silpheed recorded directly from dosbox using my emulation.

If you want to try it out yourself, the just download the files below and add a "[imfc]" section in your dosbox config file to enable the emulation. I haven't made anything configurable right now, so it will listen on the default IMF ports and will use IRQ 3.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DlTUI … a23?usp=sharing

Another thing is: I want to thank scali for all the help he has provided me to make my version possible! I don't think I would have had the motivation to continue what I had started without his moral support, time and effort! Big shoutout to him!

Can PLAYREC be used to play ESQ music with this DosBox build?
I got it to run and I've converted the desired MID file into ESQ but I do not hear any music when using this software... can anyone help please? Maybe it's looking for the card at a different address/IRQ?
I also see "activating PC IRQ" in the console while running the app, if this helps.

Blood (1997) player

Reply 262 of 263, by lchiocca

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cristyro wrote on 2022-10-23, 15:29:
Can PLAYREC be used to play ESQ music with this DosBox build? I got it to run and I've converted the desired MID file into ESQ b […]
Show full quote
lchiocca wrote on 2020-01-08, 12:08:
Hi guys, […]
Show full quote

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted any updates. I have completed the first (and major) part of the full IMF emulation in dosbox 😀. It currently allows you to play (probably) all the sierra games purely in dosbox. As you might have already read between the lines, it's not compete yet. There are all lot of IRQ problems that I need to sort out (IRQs to dosbox and IRQs from the ym2151 chip to the IMF), but they will be addressed in the near future. You can also find a couple of mp3 of space quest 3 and silpheed recorded directly from dosbox using my emulation.

If you want to try it out yourself, the just download the files below and add a "[imfc]" section in your dosbox config file to enable the emulation. I haven't made anything configurable right now, so it will listen on the default IMF ports and will use IRQ 3.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DlTUI … a23?usp=sharing

Another thing is: I want to thank scali for all the help he has provided me to make my version possible! I don't think I would have had the motivation to continue what I had started without his moral support, time and effort! Big shoutout to him!

Can PLAYREC be used to play ESQ music with this DosBox build?
I got it to run and I've converted the desired MID file into ESQ but I do not hear any music when using this software... can anyone help please? Maybe it's looking for the card at a different address/IRQ?
I also see "activating PC IRQ" in the console while running the app, if this helps.

Sorry for the really late response. It currently doesn't work because I haven't added wired the ym2151 interrupt request to the IMF emulator.