VOGONS

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The game uses both Windows and DOS to run. It also requires OTVDM to installed through InstallShield. After the game is installed, I go to the "engine" directory of the game to edit "go.bat" to read

ECHO OFF
"c:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74-3\dosbox.exe" -c "mount C '%CD%'" -C C: -c game.exe -c exit
CD ..
PAINTBRAWL

Saving this, I use DxWnd to launch the game on my machine. The game uses 320x200 resolution so I add that resolution to my card's supported resolution and run it. To run it, you'll need DxWnd v2.05.82 and paste the file in "dxwnd.zip" overwriting the original "dxwnd.dll" of DxWnd package. Then import the profile from "pblaunch.zip" and set the game's executable to "pblaunch.exe" through the Modify option of the DxWnd profile, in the Path:\ field. Then run the game from DxWnd. When the game runs, you'll have to go to the Target practice region on the right side of the game to start training. Start a mission from there and it should launch "go.bat" in DosBox. Here, the game is in a infinite rotating loop. Earlier this wouldn't happen, the issue is very recent for me.

Thank you. Hopefully there is a fix.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058