VOGONS

Theme Hospital on Windows Vista

Topic actions

First post, by firexed3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do I go about running TH on Windows Vista with Dosbox? Which version should I download? Is there still a 0.70 for Windows?

Thanks

Reply 1 of 26, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Why do you want DOSBox 0.70?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 26, by Rebella

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey, I also have vista and I tried running it with the new version of dosbox, and the TH window opens then I click "install" then i type in the directory and then there shows up an error saying that the files have not been written correctly and that i should check if the path is right, but whatever i type in the box it says the same...

...help?

Reply 5 of 26, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Back to basic Rebella.

Tell us how you mount the DOSBox drives (exact commands, please), how you install TH (exact commands, please), and how you run it (exact commands, please).

Reply 6 of 26, by Rebella

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

actually i don't really have problem with mounting the directory, but when the .exe file runs and I want to install the game, whatever direction I type in, error pops up that the the files could not be written... 😒

Reply 7 of 26, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MiniMax wrote:

Back to basic Rebella.

Tell us how you mount the DOSBox drives (exact commands, please), how you install TH (exact commands, please), and how you run it (exact commands, please).

Reply 8 of 26, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And I don't really have time to help you if you don't have time to follow my advice.

Reply 11 of 26, by Rebella

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah i tried to run it without dosbox. this is how i found out about doxbox... coz i just wanted to play the game that i haven't played for years... in any case, this is how I did it :

Z:\>mount y Y:\ -t cdrom
MSCDEX installed
Drive Y is mounted as CDRom Y:\

Z:\>Y:\

Y:\>setup.exe

then the setup pops out and when i try to install it, the error message says that the files couldn't be written correctly... whatever that supposed to mean...

😀

Reply 12 of 26, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You forgot to mount a valid hard disk drive to install to (destination). Also, start assigning lower letters for the cd-rom drive (matching them with physical drive letter is not needed).

mount c c:\dosgames (assuming dosgames is a real existing folder on your harddrive)

mount d y:\ -t cdrom

d:

D:\>setup.exe

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 14 of 26, by Rebella

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok, more problems : I installed the game, and it lounched and everything seemed to be alright, then I turned it off, because I wanted to know how to make it full screen...

in any case then i started the dosbox again

mounted the directory where the game is installed

mount c c:\hospital\hospital
c:

hospital.exe

and one time everything started again, then i pressed alt-enter to make it full screen and the game crashed down, and on the screen there were error messages I mean i couldn't even see them clearly because they were somehow beneath the img, if oyu know what i mean, like some pieces of the img were gone, and in those blank places there were parts of error messages...

in any case, i shut down dosbox and started it again

so again i mount the same directory as earlier and everything, then appears a black screen but nothing else happens...

Reply 16 of 26, by Rebella

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok i mounted it exactly the same way as during the installation, I'm sorry but then i really don't get the next step...

i mounted the file :

mount c c:\hospital

c:

so great, but the .exe file is in the directory c:\hospital\hospital\hospital.exe

so what do I do now?

I'm sorry if I waist your time, but I really don't get it

Reply 19 of 26, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Remove the hospital directory, recreate it, then reinstall the game.
Sounds like something got corrupt during your second try (config
file or so), or you used different mounting parameters (care especially
about the cdrom).