VOGONS

First post, by CombatGold1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been searching around the forums, but couldn't find any information about getting redbook audio (CD tracks) working.

I am trying to play Descent 2, Descent 2: Vertigo, and Tomb Raider 1. All of which use redbook music.

I am using NRG (Nero) images mounted on to a virtual DVD-ROM (Daemon tools), which support multiple tracks. The disk images work fine in media players, I get the relavant album info and such.

The problem is in DosBOX. I am using v 0.72, with this CD mount command:

mount F F:\ -t cdrom -ioctl -usecd 0

No redbook audio works in game, I have to use MIDI instead. Have I done something wrong, or is redbook audio currently not supported?

Thanks,

Adam Reece.

Reply 2 of 8, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

use a label, im 90% sure descent 2 requires a cd label.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 3 of 8, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had the same problem with Descent 2. It is solved easily by using the imgmount command in dosbox 0.72. First, convert your descent 2 image file to bin/cue format and type

imgmount d c:\games\descent2\d2.cue -t iso

to mount the game, where c:\games\descent2\d2.cue should be your actual image file location. After that you will get cd audio proper. Also you can use the free variant of the program isobuster (http://www.isobuster.com/) to make a cue/bin image of your Descent 2 cd.

Reply 4 of 8, by stormsh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, I don´t get the sound working. It´s installed and running, but no sound. I did the autodetection but when the game starts I get the message that ULTRASND.INI is not found and that "the specified driver is not loaded". At startup "set blaster=a220 I7 D1 H5 T6", "set ultrasnd=240,3,3,5,5", "set ultradir=C:\ULTRASND" are loaded, but before I mount C and D (cdrom) so I put these command behind the mounting in the autoexec.bat. But the drivers are not loaded.
What did I do wrong, or what did I didn´t do?

Thx 4 F1.

st.

Reply 5 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Unless you REALLY want that Ultrasound thingy, change the gus=true to gus=false in your dosbox.conf file. Then the auto-detection will not see it and that INI error should go away.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 8, by stormsh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, thank you very much. The error is gone and I got the sound working.
Now the next little problem. I can´t set the resolution higher than 320x200 in the game and in the setup only the video resolution is set. Is there a way to manually set it higher? Maybe the resolution settings in the dosbox conf?

st.