VOGONS

Reply 41 of 43, by frobme

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
antique wrote:

FeeDos won't run Windows3.11 so I am still trying (in my spare time) to get DosBox to support LPT1 printer port. I am trying Porttalk which installed a driver into the windows driver area, but Page Maker 4 still can't locate an open connection to LPT1.

I'd really recommend you try using Vmware, as this is one of the environments (and purposes) it was expressly created for. You can use the player for free, and if you download the evaluation copy, you can create a bunch of virtual machines to your hearts content (WfW3.11 works fine under it, with LPT support).

You're pretty far off the DosBox path at this point though - might want to google around on "vmware windows 3.11" for some good guides/suggestions on getting your environment set up.

-Frob

Reply 42 of 43, by antique

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😮 GUEss what! I installed PageMaker 4 on WindowsXP and with only a few gliches, works! This means I can print normally. Thanks for the attention though!

Reply 43 of 43, by antique

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😉
Well! After all this I got PageMaker 4.0 to work pretty well in my Windows XP. I put the DLL files, such as Aldfs.dll, manualy into C:\Windows|system.
This worked but the original install program would not do this. 😎