VOGONS

First post, by ian johnson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, I am having problems trying to keep cd drive recognised, when i mount c drive then d drive which is my cd rom its recognised, i can then install game from cd rom ok, after install i type the exe file from the c directory where i installed the game and it then tells me there is no cd drive installed even though its just installed cd in it... can anyone help please 😐

Reply 1 of 6, by ian johnson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

help,,, I am trying to run tilt pinball game in dosbox with no success, i have mounted c drive then d drive, both drives work fine on their own, ive installed the game from cd rom on d drive, when i go to c drive to play game dosbox cant find cd rom even though the game has just installed from it. also i get dos4gw error in d drive fatal error 1004 when trying to run this game, any help would be very helpful, i am running dosbox on an ibm thinkpad with 300 mhz processor, along with 48mb of ram, pentium 2, win 98se neo magic graphic card, and soundblaster card, please help, thank you,,, 😕

Reply 2 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You don't mention the name of the game. Anyway, how did you mount your cd-rom drive? Have you forgotten to add the -t cdrom switch?

E.g. mount d d:\ -t cdrom

(Please note that there is a blank space between -t and cdrom).

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions