VOGONS

First post, by andkon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed DOSBox 0.72 and I'm trying to get Corncob 3D working in Vista.

dosbox.gif

Unfortunately, I type in the correct stuff and nothing happens, just another C: prompt comes up.

Any solutions?

Reply 4 of 11, by Miki Maus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
andkon wrote:

Unfortunately, I type in the correct stuff and nothing happens, just another C: prompt comes up.

Any solutions?

You are not typing correct stuff. Try using backslash ( \ ) instead of slash ( / ) and use drive and directory changing commands.

Reply 5 of 11, by andkon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Miki Maus wrote:
andkon wrote:

Any solutions?

You are not typing correct stuff. Try using backslash ( \ ) instead of slash ( / ) and use drive and directory changing commands.

The "" doesn't work because it doesn't type anything in dosbox.

Reply 6 of 11, by andkon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

cd corncob <enter>
corncob <enter>

Thanks, that starts decompressing the jpg file but then I get an error about music:

dosbox2.gif

Edit: nevermind, I just have to hit space...

Oh, wow! That works!

Last edited by andkon on 2009-02-10, 08:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 8 of 11, by Burnov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having a problem getting Corncob OWC to run on dosbox before and after applying the fix.

After the fix was applied the sound and music worked seamlessly, however when the load screen appears after I've selected either training or a combat mission.

It simply hangs and nothing else happens.

Are there some special configurations needed to get it to run properly or am I in a predicament all my own?

Reply 10 of 11, by Burnov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, actually the registered full version of the game, that comes with a myriad of new theatres of combat a new plane and a scenario editor, although the scenario editor is hard to use.

I bought the game ages and ages ago, and I still have the ring-bound instruction manual.

However you bring up a good point, I should try running the shareware version of the game to see if it works.

If anyone wants Corncob Otherworlds Campaign just give me a shout, I don't even think you can buy it anymore, although I'd recommend you do if you could.

Still, corncob 3d was always a special game to me, enough so that I bought it way back when. It would be a shame to see it disappear entirely.

Reply 11 of 11, by Burnov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I found out that the shareware version of Corncob 3d actually works, which means that corncob OWC was perhaps not as well supported.

Looks like it's time for me to nag the developers of dosbox and ply them with a working copy of the full version of corncob 3d.