VOGONS

First post, by Beanyness

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,

I've been playing Harvester in DOSBOX 0.73 and i get to a part where it asks me to insert disk 2.
I have the second disk .ISO file, and there are 3 discs total for this game, which i've got in .ISO file format. Named CD1.iso, CD2.iso, and CD3.iso.

But i dont know how to get disk 2 .ISO working...

Heres my setup and what i've done for DOSBOX and this game...

Extracted Harvester CD1.iso to a folder called HVT on hard drive E - which i've mounted as CDROM drive in DOSBOX.

From there i've ran the install for the game in DOSBOX, and installed the game to C:\Oldgames\Harvest - the Oldgames folder is mounted in DOSBOX as my local directory.

The game also uses files from the HVT folder on drive E (mounted as CDROM) when playing.

But when the game asks for second disk, if i extract CD2.iso to the HVT folder it still does not work.

So what exactly do i need to do?

I've tried reading the wiki on DOSBOX for help, but dont really get what i need to do. So would really appreciate it if someone wrote exactly what i need to type in DOSBOX to get this all working - going from how i've got things setup, explained above.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Beanyness on 2009-08-15, 09:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 7, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Check the readme for IMGMOUNT and its parameters.

Reply 2 of 7, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Try burning the ISOs to some CDs.

Reply 3 of 7, by Beanyness

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Check the readme for IMGMOUNT and its parameters.

I've read it and still dont understand. And i'd rather not have to burn the ISO's to CD's either, unless it's the only way....

What i need is an example of what to type..

Reply 4 of 7, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

There are examples in the readme. Just instead of one iso file, specify all the files sequentially.
How to swap the CDs is in the readme as well.

Reply 5 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Try burning the ISOs to some CDs.

No need for that. IMGMOUNT will easily do what he needs, and without the slowness and inconvenience of physical discs.

Reply 6 of 7, by Beanyness

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So how do i mount these iso files?

Lets say i put the three iso's in C:\oldgames .... what would i type to mount them in succession? then play? The readme isn't really helping before anyone says that again, i need a better example.

I can mount a single iso by doing... imgmount d c:\CD1.iso -t iso

Which mounts it ok. But then the game wont start doing this...

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

imgmount d iso1 iso2 iso3 -t iso

wasn't that hard to come up with I hope

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!