VOGONS

First post, by Zalamel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all.

Last year I bought CD Containing Strike Commander, Syndicate wars (I think), And Wing Commander II with both secret missions and speech pack.

For a long time I've tried to make this game work in Dosbox, and about half a year ago I was messing around with it and actually got it to work, with speech and music. I was stunned!

But after playing it for a few minutes I find that on the second mission where you have to save a ship from destruction, the game freezes immediately after destroying the last enemy ship.

I've tried 3 different versions of Doxbox, tried playing with no sound, and did Loadfix. But nothing worked.

And so with this new version of Dosbox I hoped maybe it would work. When I got to the point where it freezes, It went black "Oh my god it works!" I thought to myself (As this is the first time its done anything other than freeze) But then it said it had an error it closed down Dosbox.

So if anyone had any information on how to fix this problem please post it!

Thanks.

Reply 2 of 4, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've tried 3 different versions of Doxbox, tried playing with no sound, and did Loadfix. But nothing worked.

This is commonly prevently by loadfix, though. How are you using that?

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 4 of 4, by NevadaDimitri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For a while there, if I wanted to play with speech, I had to deal with the freezing/crashing at certain points of the game. Using "loadfix" took care of the crashes, but I no longer got speech.

After trying an idea I had (based on something I read in the WC2 manual), I now have both! I get speech and no crashing! To achieve this, use:

loadfix -8