VOGONS

M.A.X. in DosBox

Topic actions

First post, by Wadeyboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've just downloaded DosBox and the first thing I did was ask my brother (who has some experience with DosBox - unlike me!) if he could get an old DOS strategy game favourite of mine working for me. Unfortunately, despite trying for over an hour, he had to give up without success. The Game is called M.A.X. (Mechanized Assault and Exploration) and along with this, I would really like to get my other old DOS favourites working too (Battle Isle 2, X-Com, Syndicate, Bioforge and Transport Tycoon - my brother got Battle Isle 2 working on his XP machine but without any sound). I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me directions on how to get M.A.X. working on my AMD Phenom 9850 quad core computer with 3 gig RAM and a GeForce 9500 GT, running Windows Vista, Service Pack 2.
Hopefully, if I can get M.A.X. working properly, I'll then be able to get the others going too.
Thankyou.

Reply 1 of 3, by Malignant Manor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As far as I can tell from searching, all you should have to do is install the game and run the setup. It seems to be cpu intensive so cycles=max and core=dynamic.

Reply 2 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[MOVED]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 3, by Wadeyboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK thanks for posting and I'll let you know how I get on.