VOGONS

First post, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im getting crazy to manage to identify if "NHL96" likes "surface" better than "overlay" or vice versa, "surface" sporadicly crash to dosbox, if it happends just one time which is not to often but appears random, after that its wery strict that it allways choose the same crash spot next time, and it will keep doing so until i restart computer,
however if i instead of restarting rewrites in config to "overlay" the game will survives "surface" old crash spots, but instead causes corrupted colors and lagg sporadicly, s
that is the most disturbing that both surface and overlay seems affected if the first mode 1 single time get a random problem, and but i both becomes cured if i restart computer, all of a sudden there is no difference between the two modes again

I suspect the problem is cause im forced to often switch between different CONF-files for 2 different games, that contains alot of different lines, cause this phenomen only occurs after i have played both games, often when i have returned to play the first one again
(3 config-swaps returning to the first game again goes bad, 2 config-swaps playing only the 2 games one time each seem to work fine)
Its probably temting to make the conclusion that i oribalby have some background process that crashes dosbox cause it begins working after computer restart, but moore points towards the config trail, i have executed all kinds of possible background processen but it doesnt change the fact that computer needs restart

| opengl | openglnb | ddraw causes cheaper graphic so thats not an option

Reply 1 of 4, by Miki Maus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kloppstock wrote:

What is cheaper graphic? What OS are you using? On Windows XP I had best results with ddraw.

Reply 3 of 4, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Miki Maus wrote:
Kloppstock wrote:

What is cheaper graphic? What OS are you using? On Windows XP I had best results with ddraw.

Win XP SP3,
well in my opinion thoose 3 other mods looked a bit worse, but after doublechecking now im not 100 % any moore, however by switching in these 3 modes, it killed the errors that surface and overlay hade in this windows session, so it atleast profs that my theory that i must sitt and switch like this when a mode locks up, now i can include thoose 3 so i guess that increases the chances without need of computer restart

Reply 4 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

openglnb should look exactly like surface. ddraw should look the same as well i think.

personally i use opengl because i prefer the blurry look, as that's closest to what it looks like on an old CRT anyways.