VOGONS

First post, by Dr. Otto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying to play my copy of I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM using DosBox. I can hear the music and sounds from the game on my laptop just fine, but I simply can't get the voices to work. I've played around with settings both within the game and DosBox, to no avail. I've also tried every audio setting available in the game's installation menu; no dice.

Could anyone offer any suggestions or advice as to how I can correct this problem? 🙁

Reply 2 of 10, by Dr. Otto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bloodbat wrote:
Use SCUMMVM... I did try that game in DosBox and it worked fine though... Is the CD mounted? It's a real, legit CD and not some […]
Show full quote

Use SCUMMVM...
I did try that game in DosBox and it worked fine though...
Is the CD mounted?
It's a real, legit CD and not some rip, right?

Yup, it's the real deal. I purchased it straight from Harlan Ellison's official website. No cheap rip here!

Reply 4 of 10, by Dr. Otto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Maybe post at least SOMETHING useful about your system/dosbox setup.

Uh...sure, but there's no need to get snappy about it. 😒

I have a Sony VAIO laptop, running on Windows Vista. (I know, I know...I'm updating to Windows 7 soon.) I downloaded DosBox online. The program works on INDIANA JONES AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS, my other favorite point-and-click game, but for whatever reason, the system simply refuses to play voices on my copy of IHNMAIMS.

Is there any more info that you need?

Reply 5 of 10, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Uh...sure, but there's no need to get snappy about it.

Why not?

Is there any more info that you need?

dosbox version, how your mountings look like, how you installed the game,
simply the basic stuff that avoids people to have to guess EVERYTHING.

Reply 6 of 10, by Dr. Otto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Uh...sure, but there's no need to get snappy about it.

Why not?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because it makes you look like a total prick?

If you have any sort of job that involves computers or computer repair, this sort of behavior would get you sacked - which you probably are at the moment, explaining why you're taking out your frustration on random posters online.

Honestly, if this is the type of "help" I can expect from this forum, I'll look elsewhere. In the meantime, you're a guy in dire need of a blow-job.

Reply 7 of 10, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Maybe because it makes you look like a total prick?

No problem.

Wonder what you look like as you still couldn't get to posting the basic
information about the problem in a several-posts long thread.
So much about the blow job thing.

Reply 8 of 10, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dr. Otto wrote:

I've been trying to play my copy of I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM using DosBox. I can hear the music and sounds from the game on my laptop just fine, but I simply can't get the voices to work.

Was anyone else tempted to make an unfunny joke regarding hearing no voices from someone without a mouth?

JAL

Reply 9 of 10, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jal wrote:
Dr. Otto wrote:

I've been trying to play my copy of I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM using DosBox. I can hear the music and sounds from the game on my laptop just fine, but I simply can't get the voices to work.

Was anyone else tempted to make an unfunny joke regarding hearing no voices from someone without a mouth?

JAL

Not really, but now I wanna hear yours 😜

Reply 10 of 10, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bloodbat wrote:

Not really, but now I wanna hear yours

Well, I haven't got any in particular, since I resisted coming up with one 😀. Blaah, enough off-topicness for now...

JAL