VOGONS

First post, by sb413197

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, is there any easy fix for this problem, in dosbox? I tried setting the cycles at 60,000 and core at dynamic as a first attempt and it still crashes fairly frequently. Usually right at the end of the level! 😠 Sound works well and the game plays well and smooth otherwise...until it doesn't.

Thanks in advance!!

Computer: Dell Vostro 1700 (laptop)
Intel Cord 2 duo CPU T5670 1.8 GHz
2GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Reply 3 of 5, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

MC2 is notorious for being a very buggy and rushed game. How is the game crashing? Are you getting any error messages? DOSBox version? OS? How did you install the game?

Reply 4 of 5, by sb413197

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried loadfix at the automatic and -128 settings and it doesn't seem to be working.

The error message is: DOS/4GW error (2001): exception 00h (divide by zero) at 160:001DFAB7
TSF32: prev tsf32 529C
SS 168 DS..(lots of numbers and letters, several lines, etc)
crash address (unrelocated) = 1:0002EAB7

I used to play it when the game first came out and didn't get these crashes. The dosbox version is 0.74. Operating system is windows XP.

Interesting - in this most recent crash, the graphics got all weird and the dragons' heads got all these lines overlapping them.

Also the game window switched to a bunch of error messages: a long series of "illegal write to........." followed eventually by a series of "illegal read from........." messages.

FYI I can play it at low resolution without it crashing - but at high resolution it crashes.

Last edited by sb413197 on 2010-12-12, 08:32. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 5 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

there should be more threads about it.
Something with a delay between reading the upper and the lower part of the dma channel location pointer.
Without sound it should be stable and maybe with a certain combination of sound devices as wel.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!