VOGONS

First post, by Rastaman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I have been using dosbox .74 for a few weeks now, and very happy to have ALL my old games working -- Awesome app!!!

Problem is , I am not having any luck with a USB joystick. From all the posts I have read, it sounds like if the joystick works in Windows, then it should automatically work in dosbox, but it's not working that way for me.

So far, I have tried a Logitech F310 Gamepad (tried both 'direct mode' with and without software installed, and 'x' modes) and also a Genius Maxfire G-08xu gamepad. Both devices are immediately recognized in Windows 7, and allow me to calibrate. Both devices are recognized by dosbox according to the status window. In my DOS games, I can configure the buttons in the setup routines, and do the 'center, upper-left, lower-right thing' when the games launch, but once in the game, the movement does not work -- Most of the time, I can move forward and left, but not backward or right. The fire /use buttons work. Have tried several USB ports on my PC with the same results.

Any suggestions on what gamepad I should be using or how to make either of these gamepads work? Looking forward to partying like it's 1993!

Thanks,

Reply 1 of 3, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, it's more 1983 than 1993, but I found that the USB Competition Pro stick works well with DOSBox. I'm on W7-64 too.

tearex

Reply 2 of 3, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tried changing the "timed" parameter?

Reply 3 of 3, by Rastaman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bloodbat - Thanks! Changed 'timed' to false and joystick is working perfectly!!!