VOGONS

First post, by Gridseeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought through Ebay a original copy in CD of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. The game works perfectly in DOSBOX but there`s no sound, even I configured it correctly in the Setup program. Someone had the same problem? I run it in my notebook, a Dinabook Toshiba Celeron 1.5 Ghz.

Reply 1 of 19, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[Thread moved to DOSBox Games/Apps. Section]

How do you configure sound for this game?

Reply 2 of 19, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You use the setup program. It works for me and I have sound.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 3 of 19, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

does it autodetect or do you have to select a soundcard
if so what one do you select

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 4 of 19, by Gridseeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can only choose in the "INSTALL" setup program the sound cards from the Sound Blaster family (the Soundblaster ASP/16 is the one autodetected), other types like Gravis or Adlib just gave me the error message that I dont have the drivers. Well, the fact is I got SFX sounds but there`s no music from the CD the game and not mention the game becomes slow as a snail when the first match begins (odd when the intro, the menu screen and the character selection screen runs very well). About the port, DMA and IRQ settings, I`ve chose the ones detected by the setup program (220, 1 and 7 respectively).

Reply 5 of 19, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't know if it uses CD music...if so...is the CD mounted while playing?

Reply 6 of 19, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SSF2T supports both MIDI and CD music. IIRC a patch enabled midi music in the full game

And if it's slow as a snail, try a different output mode like ddraw or opengl. Your notebook may not have a 8bpp friendly video controller

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 7 of 19, by Gridseeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wel, I haven`nt mounted o created an image, I just insert the CD and run it. BTW leileilol, how I can set a different output in Dosbox? Is there any way to play the music from the CD without create an image?

Reply 8 of 19, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Without mounting a CD or image, it's no wonder you get no music, DosBox isn't aware the CD is there...so...there.

Reply 9 of 19, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

there are some revisions of that game where the CD came without the CD audio tracks

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 10 of 19, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
schlang wrote:

there are some revisions of that game where the CD came without the CD audio tracks

I really doubt that. Sounds more like a poor rip.

Reply 11 of 19, by Gridseeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bloodbat, you`re right! A few moments ago I created an ISO image and now works perfectly and the SFX sound is smooth, however it still lacks of music. Somebody know how I can get the music from the CD? Has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks Bloodbat!

Reply 12 of 19, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Create a bin/cue image of the CD OR mounting the CD Rom as CD Rom and trying out the two possible CD Rom smount settings....

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 13 of 19, by Gridseeker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all, thanks a lot for the help folks!
Dominus, can you explain me how to do that and run, please?

Reply 15 of 19, by VenusHeadTrap

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To Gridseeker (and anyone else)

I bought a CD copy just like you on March 23rd, unbelievable as this was the same day you made this thread.

First post, so I'll be back with more.

But my question is: How did you get SSF2T to run with DOS Box?

Reply 17 of 19, by VenusHeadTrap

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay! Managed to get the game running fine on Windows XP.

Now I found out my problem is slow down during fighting matches on SSF2Turbo. All the menus are normal, and music plays fine, but when I actually get to a match, everything buffers and it freezes before the fight starts.

I read something on what to do if you experience slow down, but I don't recall where I found it.

Can someone point me to the troubleshooting page?

Reply 19 of 19, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
schlang wrote:

Nay, only "Super Street Fighter 2" was without CDA.