VOGONS

First post, by condej73

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys this is my first time posting here so i hope im welcome, so here the thing
I have mortal kombat 2 for dos, so i after i got the game i started reading in google about how to play it, and since i have WXP Pro SP1 i had to donwload a patch called TTpatch from borland pascal, so it kinda worked from there cuz then i had this problem that when i played it it would give an error because it couldnt find the cdrom , so i downloaded VDM sound and the error went away but another problem came up, it happens everytime and what happens is that i hear NOTHING it has no sound, by default mk2 has no sound on my pc i imagine because there is none of the sound cards that appears on the menu. ive tried to used vdm with every opntion en the mk2 option, but there's still no sound. next i tried DosBox but i have the error that says cannot find cd drive, and restarted my computer and the error did not appear again, it opened but its really slow, so how do i increase the speed?
so what can i do to hear the sound on VDM?
thanx.
oh yeah my pc specs:

-pentium 4 - 1.5ghz
-ram: 512 sdram
-video: ati 9800 series 256mb
-WXP PRO SP1
and yes the VDM and DOSBOX are the latest versions.

Reply 1 of 6, by condej73

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok forget alomst everything,
on dosbox i fixed that cannot find cdrom error(well fixed alone after i restarted my pc). and the music was ok but the video was slow so i increased the cycles a bit and the video improved a little bit and sound ok, but if increased even more the cycles the vido wouldnt be perfect and sound satrted to corrupt.
so i tried on VDMS and i managed to hear on VDMS but not completely, because for example on the fight screen i could not hear the fight! or any of the hits from the players.
so what can i do?
thanxx

Reply 2 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, you could start by dividing your messages into sentences (you know: a capital letter at the beginning and a dot at the end). It is really tiring to read it otherwise.

But to the problem:
DOSBOX "slowness" - read the "DOSBOX Guides" forum.
VDMSound - there is a speciall forum for VDMSound, go ask there.

Mirek

Reply 3 of 6, by Alexsource

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I made a mk2 topic some time ago. Search for it and try the settings i used to run it 😉. It works quite fine under dosbox on a duron at about 850 MHz, so it has to play fine at your box.

chronos.jpg motoakira.jpg

Reply 4 of 6, by yellow2011

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to make mk2 run on dosbox on my Computer; but there is a problem! It doesn't recognize the gamepad or joystick! Do you guys know what to do? when installing, it says that there is 0MB harddrive space; although I have 2 640GB harddrives on my Computer. All other requirements are met. 😕

Reply 6 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Indeed.

[Thread Locked]