VOGONS

Redguard music repeatedly plays one note

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by sidv88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have tried Elder Scrolls: Redguard using dosbox with both the nglide and glidos wrappers. However, in both methods, I have encountered a problem--the redbook music stutters and restarts when the game is being played. In the in-game menu (journal), the music plays normally. But when actually playing the game, the music keeps restarting and playing the same note repeatedly. This happens when I try playing Redguard both using nglide and using glidos. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Last edited by sidv88 on 2011-11-18, 07:32. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 8, by sidv88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry... I've had bad experiences in the past where I accidentally posted on a not so correct board and the post never got answered. I guess I overreacted...

update: Apologies for the other messages--I was able to remove them. This is the only thread on this topic.

Reply 4 of 8, by sidv88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've already posted the relevant details; particularly in regards to glidos, which uses a prearranged special version of dosbox that already has all the details set.

I have been fortunate to get in contact with the glidos dev since I first posted this question, who provided some insight--it's possible dosbox is simply overwhelmed in trying to play redbook audio and emulate 3dfx, affecting the music playback.

Reply 5 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can try try to run the game in software mode and see if that makes a difference
Also try a SVN build of DOSBox
and also try using imgmount in DOSBox and mount a .bin/.cue of the CD

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 7 of 8, by sidv88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With all due respect, the glidos dev felt that what I had posted was sufficient (that was why I had posted on that board, until I deleted it at people's request). I feel my communication with them has sufficiently answered my question and there is no need for others to keep pressing. I just wanted to keep my details private until I could figure out whether others had encountered this problem before.