VOGONS

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I get to the screen where you create your character after choosing your race and class where your ability scores are rolled and it asks for disc 3. How do I insert disc 3? I have the game on a CD as part of a compilation and all the files from all the floppies are in the same directory on the hard drive.

Reply 1 of 5, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The only way I was able to get it to work for me was using Dosbox 0.65 and using the old frontend D-Fend but not D-Fend Reloaded. My copy of PoR is fron the Gamefest Compilation.

Reply 2 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOSBox 0.65 is way too old. I would not recommend it. PoR should work under latest DOSBox (0.74). Search the forum.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 5, by MattSA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im posting this whereever I find this question. I worked through it earlier in the evening with the help of several posts in other forums of this site.

It seems as though editing the poolrad.cfg file does the trick, however it seems how this file is configured depends on the package which included the game. My version came in the Gamefest Forgotten Realms edition and required the following code to work:

E
P
C:\
C:\Poolrad\Save\
F

It is important to realize the entire game was installed to the C:\ directory. The default code in the Poolrad.cfg had both C:\ references set to C:\Poolrad. Although, the second reference may not need to be changed, I created the Save folder in the C:\Poolrad directory, making copying of the character data very easy - nice for backups.

Again, it seems that th code included in the .cfg file is dependent upon which version of the game you are running. If you have a different version check out -

viewtopic.p...highlight=

Thanks to the guys who figured this out back in 2007.

MattSA

Reply 4 of 5, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

your link is broken

Reply 5 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++