VOGONS

First post, by ew0kian

User metadata

i really want to play this classic game (which i loved when i was 12). unfortunately i run tie.exe and it complains about not having enough ems memory, and that i need to files=30 to my config.sys. has anyone dealt with this game before? thanks in advance.

Reply 2 of 5, by JubJub

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Go to the "MEMORY" tab of the "PROPERTIES" sheet of Tie.exe in WINDOWS EXPLORER and change EMS MEMORY to 2000k (or greater)

Then go to config.sys and change it so that it has a line that says FILES = 30(scroll through the entire file first, there is probably a line that says something like FILES = 10, change the ten (or whatever number it is) to 30)

Be careful that you don't change the wrong config.sys The one you want to change should be in the same folder as tie.exe

Reply 5 of 5, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You don't have to deal with files=30 in config.sys because it's DOSBox and not real DOS. For the same reason, changing the Windows propeties for an exe wouldn't work either.

I'm not sure why it complains about EMS. Change the dosbox.conf and set the XMS memory to false and see if that helps.