VOGONS

First post, by aramaki2501

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Playing Joan of Arc: Siege & the Sword with DOSBox 0.74 the game freezes before a battle. You can play normally until a batlle starts. I have tried many configurations but any of the doesn't work. Anyone has tried this game? Anyone has found a configuration that works? Thanks.

P.S: I have try to find a solution searching in Google but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if that question has been asked before. (Sorry for my English)

Reply 1 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are you using the same mountings, etc. to play as you did to install from your diskettes?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 7, by aramaki2501

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi collector,

Thabks for your answer.
Well, I don't know what the exact configurations is. I have tried many configurations changing machine, sounds, etc... options. But none of them works. When a battle starts, the game freezes 🙁
I'll try again but I don't think I will have luck.
Thanks again.

Reply 4 of 7, by aramaki2501

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again,

I downloaded the game and I followed the instruction from dosbox.com. I unzipped the game in a folder, I mounted this folder "mount c: e:\joanofarc" and played normally until a battle started. The the game froze. Then I changed the machine and CPU options to try to emulate the original requirements. For example, machine=vgaonly; cpu=386 but I have tried others. None of them worked. I don't know if there a more efficient way to install the game.

Thanks again

Reply 5 of 7, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You just answered your own question. You downloaded the game. Abandonware is NOT supported here. Go ask the site where you downloaded it from. A lot of abandonware is altered and messed up. That is why you should have the original media.

Reply 6 of 7, by aramaki2501

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok. I didn't know about that. I thought that abandonware was permited becouse sometimes is the only way to play old games.
Anyway, thanks for your help and sorry for all the the inconveniences.

Reply 7 of 7, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Unfortunately abandonware is considered piracy and the forums do not support piracy what so ever. Unfortunately I looked on both Amazon and Ebay and found no dos copies for this game. Keep on checking those sites and you will find a copy soon.