VOGONS

First post, by Terrapin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I've decided to install my copy of Realms of the Haunting on CD onto my computer. I've got various DOSBox applications (DosBox 0.74, DBGL, and D-Fend Reloaded). I have managed to install the program itself, but for some reason the game just refuses to run.

I have followed (all) the instructions on the unofficial Realms of the Haunting website, including the bit about transferring the files from the discs to one directory, editing the 'Filelist.txt' and 'config.ini' in order to run the game without disc swap.

There has to be something I'm missing here. I have the game installed to C:\Games\REALMS. I have copied the CD files to C:\Games\REALMS\CD (adjusting the SourceFile string in config.txt to C:\Games\Realms\CD)

Now here's where things get tricky. I have Realms.bat and Install.exe loaded in DOSBox as the default applications to run, but since I'm mounting C:\Games\Realms as drive C:\ in the DOSbox, I have edited the strings in config.ini to:

SourcePath=C:\CD\
DestinationPath=C:\

I have also tried running the game at 3000 and 45000 clock cycles.

I'm not sure why the game won't run...

Reply 1 of 1, by Terrapin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I seem to have gotten it running. I mounted C:\Games\Realms\CD as the D:\ drive, CD emulation. Something strange with the intro video though, the Intrplay logo is displayed doubled on the screen when starting the game.

Haven't quite nailed the core clock I don't think, as I'm getting clicks and pops in the audio of the game.

Running in D-Fend Reloaded btw.