VOGONS

First post, by ScuzBrains

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there! I'm very new to using DOSBox, I'm more used to things like VBA and Project64, though I have been looking at tutorials and included READMEs for DOS!
I managed to get Doom running just fine, but try as I might, I can't seem to get my file of Star Trek 25th working. It isn't a physical copy, but the folder should have all the files there. I took screen caps of what Ive been getting.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvG8ojbWgAAt72S.jpg:large (this is the screen caps mashed together into one image)
I'm using DOSBox.074 on Windows 10, anyone know how to get this running? I've also tried to run it as a CD ROM, but that doesn't work, as it just says the disc drive is empty.

--EDIT--
Thank you all for your help! The download I had was incomplete ^^"

Last edited by ScuzBrains on 2016-10-19, 22:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Use the switch

-t cdrom

when mounting your Star Trek folder as a CD drive.

EDIT: An example would be

mount d c:\Users\JohnDoe\Games\STTK25 -t cdrom

would mount the Star Trek folder as a CD-ROM drive at letter D:

DOPEFISH EDIT:

Duh. You already tried that.

But unless you're using an actual CD with the game on it, you can't just mount your physical CD drive; you have to mount whatever folder on your hard drive contains the CD contents.

ANOTHER DOPEFISH EDIT:

Argh. You said you have physical media. 🤣

This is why I should not try to post when I haven't had sleep in 18 hours 😵 😵

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 2 of 4, by ScuzBrains

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keenmaster486 wrote:
Use the switch […]
Show full quote

Use the switch

-t cdrom

when mounting your Star Trek folder as a CD drive.

EDIT: An example would be

mount d c:\Users\JohnDoe\Games\STTK25 -t cdrom

would mount the Star Trek folder as a CD-ROM drive at letter D:

DOPEFISH EDIT:

Duh. You already tried that.

But unless you're using an actual CD with the game on it, you can't just mount your physical CD drive; you have to mount whatever folder on your hard drive contains the CD contents.

ANOTHER DOPEFISH EDIT:

Argh. You said you have physical media. 🤣

This is why I should not try to post when I haven't had sleep in 18 hours 😵 😵

I just noticed I totally responded to myself omg, I don't use forums very often ^^"

Ah ok! I figured trying to mount a digital version of the game as a CD wouldn't work, but I just can't figure out how to get it to run since it keeps saying disc drive empty when trying to load it like my other ROMs. Also omg don't sweat it, I know those sleep deprivation feels. Should I be putting some of the files from the ROM's ZIP into something else to act as a disc, or is there something I'm missing? I've been messing around with other games and this is the only one that's giving that weird error

Reply 3 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Should just work:
http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=3008&letter=S

but if you can't get it working then:
https://www.gog.com/game/star_trek_25th_anniversary

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ScuzBrains wrote:

Should I be putting some of the files from the ROM's ZIP into something else to act as a disc

Why does your "ROM" have a "ZIP" ? If you downloaded this from somewhere it could very well be incomplete or otherwise corrupt, in which case you should just buy it from GOG.com and save yourself further anguish.