VOGONS

First post, by TrisKreuzer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all!
I've some strange problem with Turrican 2 on DosBox, I managed to make it work after long struggle and reading large amount of hints on the internet. I installed it on C:, starting from t2.exe and then getting into config in game where I can calibrate the joystick. And start game which works perfectly with sound (Soundblaster 16) and even joystick (Top Star Sv-127 through special adapter to usb = amazing thing) BUT there is a problem. The game doesn't seem to see anything but joystick. I mean I cannot click SPACEBAR to make rolling star. I wonder is there any way to fix this and where I made a mistake...
I am using pure DOSBox 0.74 and I am WIN 7 64b user.
I am attaching used DOSBox config file and Turrican 2 config.

Attachments

• Filename
    Config files.zip
    File size
    4.53 KiB
    Downloads
    41 downloads
    File comment
    DOSBox config file and Turrican 2 config
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by TrisKreuzer on 2016-11-13, 11:01. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by TrisKreuzer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well - no aswers here I see, but problem is even more fascinating. I am not sure if anybody can help me with this. It occured that this is not a keyboard problem. Because after playing you can use keyboard to write your name in the hall of fame. BUT it seems that somehow ( I am not sure how it was in original DOS experience of Turrican 2) if you play joystick you have all buttons on joystick, not like it was on for example Amiga it was together joystick and keyboard, so u used spacebar to make rolling star, but here you have assigned buton on joystick to make so (we tried this on normal Saitek Cyborg).
Tops Star sv-127 old digital 8bit games joystick is visible as 2axis, 2buttons one when in fact it has only ONE button. Because autofire button is visible in windows testing program as blinking buton 1! So it seems that DOSBox has virtually assigned non existent in this joystick button 2 as spacebar!

I am curious is this a way to make DOSBox recognize this kind of joystick properly and use spacebar normally on keyboard even with choosing joystick controls?

Any thoughts!!!?