VOGONS

Dosbox Win98 Image with 4GB of (3Dfx) game demos

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Interlace

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been working on a specific dosbox vm for a while, and managed to cram 2 x 2gb hdd images with demos of these games with room to spare:

(Random Order) Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, Half-life: Uplink, Half-life Day One, Jedi Knight, Alien vs Predator, Turok, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Outlaws, Shogo, SiN, Blood 2: The Chosen, Braindead 13, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Starsiege: TRIBES, Jurassic Park: Trespasser. The House of The Dead, Diablo 2, P.o.d, Dethkarz, Moto Racer, Rollcage, Wipeout, Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer, Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, Tarzan, Amok, SnowWave, Z.A.R, Fighting Force, Tomb Raider 1 + Unfinished Business, Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3, FX Fighter, Nightmare Creatures, Incoming, Hell-Copter, Future Cop: LAPD, Perfect Weapon, V2000, Dark Vengeance, Nuclear Strike, Darkstone, Gex: Enter The Gecko, WCW Nitro, Populous 3: The Beginning, Urban Chaos, Dino Crisis, Men in Black, Grim Fandango, Curse of Monkey Island, Final Fantasy VII, Heart of Darkness, Space Quest 6, and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.

I could share the google Drive link to the download here, nobody's gonna sue anyone over sharing a windows 98 license I happen to own today, I'd take full responsibility but don't wanna upset any mods 😀 so the link's in the description of this video where you can get a preview of the thing in action:

Known issues:
* Current dosbox.conf still has "2xsai forced" as scaler <<- Set to 'none' if performance or display issues occur
* PageFault{} -errors in status window followed by hang/crash <<- Kill Dosbox and try again
* Going Fullscreen before running a Glide-game is required
* Black screen freeze at game start <<- Alt-Tab to desktop and back to DOSbox

When it DOES run though... I enjoy it a lot so why not share 😀 sincerely hope someone out there will enjoy it as well.

Last edited by Dominus on 2020-09-11, 17:10. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link to pirated software