VOGONS

Odd Issue with ST AFU

Topic actions

First post, by GreatBarrier86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

The Final Unity works extremely well but i noticed one strange thing that just bugs me a little. When AFU boots up, it displays the startup screen that shows DosBox mounting the CD drive and recognizing the location of EMS memory. However, at this screen, it says "ems memory found as xxxxxx" but then it says "ems memory available= -2486" How could this be negative? Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks,
Jason

Reply 1 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try lowering the amount of EMS in your DOSBox config.

Reply 2 of 5, by GreatBarrier86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How? The only thing i know how to do is set it to ems=true or ems=false. Is there a way to specify how much ems the game can use?

IBM ThinkPad X40
1.2Ghz with 2MB L2 cache
1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM
Intel 852/855GME Graphics Media Accelerator with 64MB
12'' LCD Screen
SoundMax Integrated Audio

Peas Pobie!

Reply 3 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sorry, I should have mentioned that there's one setting for total RAM in DOSBox that it uses for EMS/XMS/etc. Good test values include: 63MB, 32MB, 16MB, 8MB, 4MB, 2MB, 1MB

Reply 4 of 5, by GreatBarrier86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Great. Thanks...one more thing...how can i apply diffs to a already compiled dosbox. I want to add SVGA support

IBM ThinkPad X40
1.2Ghz with 2MB L2 cache
1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM
Intel 852/855GME Graphics Media Accelerator with 64MB
12'' LCD Screen
SoundMax Integrated Audio

Peas Pobie!

Reply 5 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can't. Diffs are source patches and require recompiling the source code to make a new dosbox.exe. A couple of the popular CVS builds already have the SVGA patches included, however. See the development form for more info.