VOGONS

First post, by madminne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi !

My names' s Mike and I ain' t new to DOSBox and all my favorite games are running quite well.
Except "Ski Or Die". It works allright with PC Speaker like in the old days while I couldn' t afford myself something better. But now I wanna listen to that KickAss- Music coming from Soundblaster FM.

My problem: i don' t know how to tell the game to use it (emulation in config is all set).

I tried typing "skiordie -?" and "skiordie ?" to get some advice, but there isn' t. I tried searching the net (quite long ...) and this form using the search function, but had no luck at all.

Then I tried typing "skiordie -soundblaster" , "skiordie soundblaster" , "skiordie -sblaster" , "skiordie sblaster" , "skiordie -adlib" , "skiordie adlib" , "skiordie -s" , "skiordie s" , "skiordie -a" , "skiordie a" , "skiordie -roland" and finally "skiordir roland".
Nothing worked, always shitty PC speaker.

I' m really desperate right now, cause I know EXACTLY that there' s a way to activate it (I have downloaded a sample playing the "Downhill Blitz" Track on a Yamaha OPL card, simply outstanding !).

So please if you know how to do it, tell me.

Thx for reading !

Michael

Reply 2 of 5, by madminne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, i figured it out !!

I tried the command you said and it didn' t work.
Then I realized that I already tried what you said (you don' t need to type ega by the way, it starts that color mode by default), and now it became obvios to me: it' s because of a bad version of the game !

My first version was from underdogs; DON' T GET THE GAME DFROM THERE IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO ADLIB MUSIC !!!!

I downloaded it somewhere else (don' t know the page name, but it was an early hit in "Google"), my version does the trick typing "skiordie adlib" 😁

THX A LOT FOR YOUR HELP !!

Bye !

Last edited by madminne on 2005-11-14, 19:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 5, by madminne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you want to listen to Roland MT-32 simply start the game as following:

"skiordie mt32"

It sounds shitty to me (but very funny when listening to church bells instead of electric guitars 🤣 )

So Long !

Reply 4 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you report this to Underdogs? If you experienced this issue then likely someone else in the future will experience too. Best to nip it in the bud if possible. So if you could please contact the Underdogs people and tell them about it.

I don't really frequent their site but they should have a contact email address somewhere on their site and if they don't just post in the forums.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 5, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
madminne wrote:
If you want to listen to Roland MT-32 simply start the game as following: […]
Show full quote

If you want to listen to Roland MT-32 simply start the game as following:

"skiordie mt32"

It sounds shitty to me (but very funny when listening to church bells instead of electric guitars 🤣 )

So Long !

Well, I have to say the MT32 music is not too bad using Munt, but SODs' adlib music is very groovy indeed. Glad you figured out how to get it working.

Regards,
Ronald