VOGONS

First post, by Deemo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone
I recently discovered DOSbox, and i have made it a goal of mine to play all the old DOS games i played in my childhood. First and foremost for me is Tie Fighter.

I have managed (after lots of work) to finally get Tie Fighter running. All sounds, cinematics and controls work. Unforuntely, there is an unbearable lag. Its down to approximately 1.5 frames per second! I assume im doing something wrong. I tried searching this forum, but to no avail, so please point me in the right direction

System Specs
AMD Athlon 2200+
Integrated GeForce 4 MX
256 mb RAM

Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 6, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's lots of information available about speed and performance. Read the various guides on that topic. But your box may simply be too slow. Since you don't tell how you configured DOSBox, I can't tell you if there's something you can do.

Reply 2 of 6, by Deemo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tested some of the tweaks from the guides forum. Its still extremely laggy

I use D-Fend as a frontend to dosbox, so i will be including screenshots of the config screens. if im missing one, or something should be changed, let me know
my dosbox.conf is still at the default. D-Fend does the whole profile thing for it

Also, i have a 2.2 Ghz processor with 256 RAM. Im pretty sure it can run a game from 1994

Attachments

• env.JPG
    Filename
    env.JPG
    File size
    32.22 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • general.JPG
    Filename
    general.JPG