I have a SOUND BLASTER LIVE 5.1

THX.

Reply 1 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
ozzman wrote:
I did everything...but nothing solve... What should i do ? I have a SOUND BLASTER LIVE 5.1 […]
Show full quote

I did everything...but nothing solve...
What should i do ?
I have a SOUND BLASTER LIVE 5.1

THX.

What everything? Almost any DOS game requires a sound configuration (setup/install/soundset.exe).
In DOSBOX it does not matter what kind of sound card you have physically in your computer (DOSBOX emulates classic SoundBlasters according to settings in DOSBOX.CONF). See DOSBOX Guides forum/WIKI documentation/README.
If you run the game natively (without the emulator DOSBOX), then you are in a wrong forum - go to DOS or VDMSound.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 4, by ozzman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my friend...
everything is CTRL + F12 or F11 or F7 or F8.. other configurations...
I had already configured the GAMESETUP (setup.exe)..

What im trying ask is waht should i do now ??? BEcause Death Rally dont have sound! i made "everything"

So.. do u have a solution ?

Thank You.

Reply 3 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

ozzman, I do not know how to get Death Rally to work - or if it is possible at all. But I do know this: If you have indeed tried everything, then what can we suggest that you have not already tried? So your best bet for getting the game to run, is that your post is inaccurate 😀

Do the manual for the game say anything about what sound cards it supports? How the card & game should be configured? Have you tried searching the newsgroups (http://groups.google.com/) for (old) advice on how to run the game?

Edit: Downloaded the shareware version of Death Rally from http://www.remedy.fi/dr/download.html.

I had problems with the installer (INSTALLER), so I resorted to a manual installation:

C:\>mkdir RALLY

C:\>ren DRSW11.SHR DRSW11.EXE

C:\>cd RALLY

C:\RALLY>..\DRSW11.EXE

PKSFX (R) FAST! Self Extract Utility...................

Searching EXE: C:\DRSW11.EXE
Inflating: DRHELP.EXE -AV
Inflating: ..........................

After that, it was pretty straightforward:

C:\>SETUP

(The games defaults matches that of the Gravis Ultrasound emulation in DOSBox (Addr=0x240/IRQ=5/DMA=3), but I had to change the setup for SoundBlaster to Addr=0x220/IRQ=7/DMA=1, in order to match the DOSBox SoundBlaster defaults. Both GUS and SB sounded fine.)

C:> RALLY

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions