VOGONS

First post, by majik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok I just purchased a collection entitled Gamefest, a Forgotten Realms collection under the impression that the games were geared to running on windows which is what I was told before ordering (of course, have to make the sale right) The games are all in DOS format. (eye of the beholder 1-3, pool of radiance, curse of azure bonds, secrect of the silver blades, pools of darkness...etc) I was obviously mistaken in thinking that the games would work without a hitch. Now after installing Pool of Radiance, when I go to create characters, the game is asking to insert disk 3 right away and I can't progress any futher...... why? I thought installing the game placed all info on the system. Obviously this is the original format which thinks there are still 8 floppies running on a commodore 64. I am close to performing my best Mike Tyson impersonation on the monitor... how do i get these games to work? thank god the collection was only 10 bucks but as of now, hardly worth it.

Reply 1 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Probably a wrong path in configuration file... Search... "Gold box" game problems (POR and others). were discussed before...

BTW: I take it that your talk about C64 is just confusion... You can use only PC versions of games in DOSBOX...

Mirek

Reply 2 of 5, by Wraith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's a flaw because POR is so old. Edit the POOL.CFG file and make sure the backslash ( \ ) is present in the path. This is the paste of my POOL.CFG file:

E
P
C:\WIZWORX\POOLRAD\
c:\WIZWORX\POOLRAD\SAVE\
F

Hope this helps.

Reply 3 of 5, by hozz1235

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had it installed at d:\poolrad. I used the following commands to mount it:

mount d d:\poolrad
d:
poolrad

If you use this syntax, you'll need to change your config file to look like this:

E
P
d:\
d:\SAVE\
F

This worked for me! 😁

Reply 5 of 5, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The problem I am having is that I cannot "add a character to party". If I create a new character I still cannot add him. I have checked and it does properly create the character (the destination file is correct in CFG) but still no way to add a character!

Here is my config file:

T
T
D:\ROLE\WIZWORX\POOLRAD\
D:\ROLE\WIZWORX\POOLRAD\SAVE\
F