VOGONS

First post, by internallydeluded

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently acquired a version of Willy Beamish on six 3.5 floppy disks. Tried to install in win but get a strange error message about possible drive door open or absent disk. Searched for solution found DosBox 0.65. After a bit of research figured out how to mount the a and c drives. Got into the installation program but install is not present in the options. I am given the choices to either copy to hard drive backup the game or play. When I try to copy to hard drive I am asked to insert the disk into the c drive which of course is my hard drive and thusly impossible. The same scenario occurs when attempting to just play the thing. Insert disk 1 into c: drive. Also tried to backup and it tells me to put target disk into a: drive and subsequently asks for the source disk in an unending cycle. This is my first attempt in using dosbox and my first post, sorry for the length and if it is merely a repetition of something I overlooked. All the posts I saw were in reference to the CD version. The similar post I did see seemed to suggest the same type of problem from another fresh user but the string ended without a concrete resolution. While it did help me get a bit farther I am still left unsatisfied. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/b]

Reply 2 of 2, by internallydeluded

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have read everything pertaining to this subject and find no help as of yet unless I have overlooked something. Went through all 29 pages and as I said found one similar situation. When I get to the install program, install is not even one of the options. In windows it is but of course as I said this does not work. When I try to copy to the hard drive in dos box again I am asked to insert disk 1 into c: drive, this makes no sense. After I cancel that action it also gives me the option to just play the game which also results in insert disk 1 into c: drive. Anyone out there who can actually offer help?