VOGONS

First post, by halfgeek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using dosbox 0.65. I'm trying to get the voices in Knights of Xentar (Dragon Knight 3) to work. The sound and music work great. I have used the install file with Xentar and tried all of the soundcards.
I have also tried VDMSound but that does not make the voices work also.
Am I missing some files that include the voices? I have checked several sites with dos games and all appear to have the same version which is 7.33MB large.

Reply 1 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That floppy or cd-rip version is too little in size to have voices. You won't get any support here using illegal software, by the way.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 9, by halfgeek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Didn't know it was illegal. Thought it was abandonware like all the others.
Alright, thanks!

Reply 3 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Abandonware
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

The term has no legal meaning. This means that labeling any kind of software 'abandonware' does not make it legal to make copies of it or publish it on a website. Unless the author puts the software in the public domain, abandonware remains covered under copyright law until its copyright term expires.

It's not rocket science to understand.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 9, by halfgeek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, I read that already after I posted. It's not rocket science. Good point. 😜

Reply 5 of 9, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

We cannot support illegal software because it would be aiding in abetting in piracy. We have to watch our own tail.

Reply 6 of 9, by halfgeek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah. I think that point has been constructed already.

Reply 8 of 9, by halfgeek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The meaning of piracy has changed. That's a narrow definition now.

Reply 9 of 9, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Personally I think that a more apt name for the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material is bootlegging.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootlegging
Seems to be a closer level of comparison of criminality.
The over emphasis of a smaller crime to a more serious crime it is being compared to, tends to desensitize people to the more serious crime.
Imagine if jaywalking were referred to as murder? How long before people would become blase over actual murders?