VOGONS

First post, by robotgandhi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First off a HUGE thanks to the developers. I've been using dosbox off and on since the .5x versions and it is a wonderful program.

Now for my problem.

With a bit of configuration I'm able to get the music and sound effects to work just fine, except I only get sound out of my left speaker. All sounds in Windows come out of both speakers. I've tried 2 other games in dosbox with the same .conf file and they both have sound from both speakers. It is only Lemmings that seems to do this.

I had to change the sbtype setting to sbpro1 for me to get the sound working even with cycles = 3000. Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks again for the great program and all the helpful people who frequent this forum.

Reply 1 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

might be. sbpro1 is a mono soundcard

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 5, by robotgandhi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well that certainly explains it.

I guess I'll have to experiment with some of the other settings to get it to work like it did before.

Thanks for the info.

Reply 3 of 5, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a problem too with lemmings, I finaly made up to get some sound in Lemmings and music but after I finish the 2 levels it gets me back to the main screen then freezes. I tried Holiday Lemmings too and it does the same thing only that it freezes after the 3rd level

Reply 4 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Weird, however it happens EVERY TIME on Oh No More Lemmings for me. It doesn't really "freeze", you can safely continue the game by right and left clicking at the frozen screen.

Alternatively, switching to windowed mode solves the freeze problem (for me at least)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 5 of 5, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, it solved my problem , Thanks a lot 😀