VOGONS

First post, by Mark2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone else tried installing this? I found the original disks for both 1.01 and 1.04. I've mounted them as A:. Everything seems oK until its time to copy the file 5.Suddenly the installer kicks me back a few steps and goes into an infinite loop. Is there anything I need to do to make this work? A specific disk label for A: maybe?

Reply 1 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It's not going to work anyways. So save yourself some deception and try something else.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

nope. we don't support it. They use certain features which don't see any need to support.
win1.x isn't a goal for us to run. Games are. no game is using those features.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 6 of 8, by Mark2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did a search. Google and archival. I would never ask the holy princes of knowledge a question without doing a search first. I know enough to not want to go through the pain of posting on a forum unless I have to.

Reply 7 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'm sure DosFreak meant the search of this forum, but in Mark's defense I have to say that the forum search is either missing or doing things differently than to waht I'm used to. Trying to search for "windows 1" did not help very much and that the search doesn't *really* have the option to search under the Dosbox category doesn't help much either.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 8, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It doesn't seem to have the ability to search by phrases. The best that you can do is an AND. If you search Windows AND 1, it will bring up hits on Windows in general (3x, 2k or even XP) if there is also a "1" somewhere in the thread. There may be no mention of Windows 1 anywhere in the thread.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers