VOGONS

Problem with some games.

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by Sephiroth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah, glad you got the problem solved.

486 Launcher v2.0 is now under development!

Reply 21 of 22, by arcania

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Quest for Glory 4 has a speech pack (resource.aud) which needs to be correctly pointed at by resource.cfg. […]
Show full quote

Quest for Glory 4 has a speech pack (resource.aud) which needs to be correctly pointed at by resource.cfg.

If you have the file, then you should put it in the same directory as the game and modify your resource.cfg to reflect that - change the line to "resAUD = .\" without the quotes.

If you don't have the file then you need to turn off speech, which as far as I know has to be done from the in-game menu. Go to the save/load menu, and turn off the "audio" option.

What's happening is that the game thinks you have the speech pack, and so is trying to reference that every time it brings up a dialogue box. Ordinarily it waits until the narrator has finished talking, but since you don't have it set up correctly there's no sound to wait for. Thus, speedy text.

I hope that helps.

Hey there, Um, I have the same problem as GreyAlex, and I was wondering if this is fixable without actually buying the original CD...? I'd love to, but it's not really an option for me right now.
In my game folder, there are 4 files that resemble the one you mentioned before, so I was wondering if maybe it's possible to change those to make it work? (turning off speech wont have much point to me, since I re-downloaded the game just to be able to hear the voices after so many years. >> Without them I'd rather not play the game.)
If there is a way, could you maybe explain it to me please? ...in small words. 😢
Thank you. ;w;