VOGONS

Might and Magic II

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by dracon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nevermind, I was able to spot the problem. In the debug window which displays the various errors that occurs it was giving a message that TIMER.DRV failed to open in write mode. It ended up vista installed the programs without giving write authority to either creator or regular users.

I'm really starting to hate these permissions issues.

Reply 21 of 21, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
dracon wrote:

Originally I had the not enough memory error but running the loadfix to remove some memory took care of that problem.

Eh - NO! You had plenty of memory. The program however got confused about all that memory and gave you a misleading error message.

dracon wrote:

It ended up vista installed the programs without giving write authority to either creator or regular users.

I thought you said:

dracon wrote:

I've loaded mine from the might and magic 6 CD

"loaded" - can mean different things to different people then. To me it implies something like copying the files in the simplest manner possible, preferably by hand. Next up the ladder is a word like "import" (mostly used with data that needs to be changed/converted before it can be used). And finally there is the case of "install" where some (semi)automatic process is doing magic stuff for you. Seems like you used some kind of installer...

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions