VOGONS

First post, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have been experimenting with 16 bit Windows games in Windows 3.1 running in ykhwong's build of DOSBox. I have managed to get an old Sierra game, Space Bucks to run smoothly in it. This is a game that I picked up a number of years ago that I have never managed to get to run in 9x or even in Virtual PC.

The one Sierra game that you want to be able to run the Windows version over the DOS version, King's Quest 6, also runs very nicely, too. I will be trying more Windows games soon, but so far it looks very promising. This is encouraging as I start to make my transition to 64 bit Windows.

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yup, there are a couple of small Windows 3.1 games that I have that either "hang" or have graphics corruption under 2k/XP/2003. They also have timing issues (they run too fast), which DosBox fixes.

Now if I could only run StarTrek Klingon under Windows 3.1 in DosBox without using VPC.... 😀

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That brings up a odd thing with KQ6. Though I can play the intro AVI in the Win 3.1 Media player, the AVI is black in the game.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers