VOGONS

Blood & Magic (Help to run a game please)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Kojisky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone, im having an annoying problem running the game Blood & Magic.
I tried to run in windows, at the loading in the dos comm window it says a *.swp file is missing

With Dos box i tried to mount the C:\jeux_dos into c:
and the run the game .exe file to start the game, but it says :

"Unable to open the file: C:\ULTRASND\ULTRASND.ini
error 0001

I tried to read all the faqs and others begin with dos box but really cant find a solution T___T im not very good at all those things but can somebody please help me with that ?

PS: the game worked in windows 1 time only, after ive done dont know what in dos box and then closed it cause it doesnt works, and then i tried a last time in windows clicking on the .exe and it worked, but then no more

Reply 4 of 8, by Kojisky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No there are no setup or install 😀 i opened the IMG game file, & installed the game in C:\game_dos\BAM. Theres a sndsetup anyway and the tests midi and digital works

umm to launch the game from windows theres a Dos command file : BAM.exe when i launch it the dos window opens. The 1st line says :
" impossible to find c:\game_dos\BAM\*.swp "
And after that theres the game's loading lines, and then the window closes.
i dont know what is this kind of file, and theres not any .swp in the game directory 😒 thank you for helping !

Reply 5 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's created by DOS4GW for memory. I'll have to load up my copy of B&M but I believe it worked fine for me last time I tried it. You can always use DOS32A.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 7 of 8, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The information on this game has been a little back and forth. It is a DOS game that has a "Roland Sound Canvas" mode, so it along with a game called "Constructor" are the most sophisticated DOS games, partially for that reason.

Daniel L Newhouse