VOGONS

First post, by BlackDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying to play this classic platformer lately (Johnny Dash is clearly much cooler than Jill Valentine, seeing as he can take on hordes of zombies with a slingshot, rather than a rocket-launcher) but I've got some trouble...

Right at first, it ran just fine. But then, suddenly, inexplicably, the game started to run incredibly slowly, no matter how high I set the Cycles. Apparently, Monster Bash is the only game that's being affected - even other, similar, games (like Duke Nukem II) runs just fine, as does significantly newer and more system-demanding games.

Basically, it seems that the game is trapped in slow-motion. Everything from the intro to the game proper moves at half the normal speed, including the sound and music. Oddly enough, when I open the main menu (which is about the only place that has no animation whatsoever), the music speeds up to normal...

Since the game originally worked fine, the problem must have been caused by something I did to the config, but I can't think of what it'd be - can't remember exactly what I changed at the time, either.

Any help? I could paste in my config-file if necessary...

The Original Black Dragon - Accept No Substitutes.

Reply 2 of 6, by BlackDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'll try that... odd note, though, I tried running it with Full core, too, and that resultet in odd stuttering - everything seemed to move in jumps. :-s

Reply 3 of 6, by BlackDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, it seems to be working with Normal core - thanks for the tip!

Still odd, though... I could've sworn I've had it on Dynamic all the time... including when it ran OK just at first... 😕

Reply 5 of 6, by BlackDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been running it under the ordinary DosBox, which haven't got TimeSync... for the moment, I'm only using kwyhwongs (or whatever) build for Crusader.

Are you suggesting that it might run with dynamic core using timesync in the alternate build?

Reply 6 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

no no. I missed your post in which you stated that it runs okay with the normal core.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!