VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by Dr. Enrique

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK!
I'm waiting and take a look into the forum twice a week.

Thxs! 😉

=====================
<<!!NO RISK NO FUN!!>>
=====================

Reply 21 of 23, by J.B.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The waiting is over! I'm not sure if my news are more good or bad for you though. 😉

1.The same crash happens to me.
2. You have already lost anyway.

Here is a mission guide for Sol 1: http://www.wcnews.com/guides/wc3sol.shtml

# There is no end to this mission. Your only choice is to die or eject. Both actions have the same result. # It is possible to t […]
Show full quote

# There is no end to this mission. Your only choice is to die or eject. Both actions have the same result.
# It is possible to take out the Dreadnought, but it takes a lot of time and firepower. Considering you only get yet more waves afterwards, it isn't really worth it.

Outcome

You lose.

So I guess the good news is that the crash doesn't matter. The bad news is that you will have to track back a few savegames to be able to win the game.

Have fun!

Reply 22 of 23, by Dr. Enrique

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello J.B.!
At this point: Thank you for your (endless) help until now! 🙄

I have read the mission guide for Sol1 and all others. It's a little bit confusing (success...this mission, failure...that mission) but I think I'll check that.
You'll hear from me as soon as possible.

Gr, E.

Last edited by Dr. Enrique on 2006-03-06, 11:24. Edited 1 time in total.

=====================
<<!!NO RISK NO FUN!!>>
=====================

Reply 23 of 23, by Dr. Enrique

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello J.B.!

I've studied the WC3-Solution in all details. Since I've played it, I've done a lot of "mistakes" in the missions. This was 1997. I can't remember in detail so I decided to play it from the beginning.

Now I'm in Orsini 4 (hard mission to catch the skipper missile) but I'll check that.

I'm such a big fan of the Wing Commander Saga that I've no problem to play it again. It's one of the best games (for me THE best) ever released. It makes sooooooo much fun to "live" Blair.

Origin stands for quality. They !REALLY! "create worlds". NOthing is more genius.

I think they won't read my posting but nevertheless:

+++I WOULD THANK THE DOSBOX-TEAM FOR MAKING SUCH A GREEEEAAAT EMULATOR FOR PLAYING THESE OLD GAMES!!!!!+++

(Note: Before I changed 2004 into management of my company, I was a programmer myself (5 years) and I know what a lot of work a programm such Dosbox and other derivates means!)

Until next time. 😀

So long...
Greets,
Enrique

=====================
<<!!NO RISK NO FUN!!>>
=====================