VOGONS

First post, by xdantespardax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes I too have the dreaded number key bug, which is a shame because the game works fine otherwise, speed and sound (thru D-fend).

Do you think it's a keyboard problem? I haven't tried leaving the game for ages to see if it still crashes, but if so it must be a keyboard emulation issue, although I bet sound+memory could be responsible too like they always were with the old games. Jeez I can't believe they can't fix such a 'simple' problem! They should do like J-Doom for Magic Carpet, i.e. opengl upgrade.

Reply 1 of 3, by xdantespardax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh my god! I finally fixed the problem of the crashing - well, not really for the original game, but luckily I have the Hidden Worlds data disk, and that works fine. I didn't realise that worked but the original didn't, how WEIRD! How can that be though when both have the same engine etc. must just be different copy protection built in. Now I wonder if I can copy the original levels over to hidden worlds installation...? Oh well at least magic carpet is alive again on my computer YAY!

Reply 3 of 3, by xdantespardax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

At least, not with my disks anyway (I have the original game and data disk separate). Is there any way to get original levels to work using the data disk installation? Need to tinker some more...