VOGONS

First post, by uripui

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,

I'm successfully using X-COM with latest DOSBOX CVS-build and the DOS32A-extender. Using 30000 CPU-Cycles, X-COM Apocalypse runs very smooth. And thanks to DOS32A my CPU-usage in Windoze is just 65%. 😀
(Against 100% and more using DOS4GW)

So far, so good.

But I've got a big problem. Everytime, during the game (regardless if it's the city view, tactical view or save game menu), I press a key on my keyboard once or several times (f.e. SHIFT-key) instantly my mouse/keyboard gets deactivated. That means the game itself continues running but I neither can move the mouse pointer nor use the keyboard further on. That's annoying as I can't enter a savegame or base name.

Strange problem...

Has anyone got this, too? And probably a solution for me?

Thanks and regrads,
Uri

Reply 4 of 9, by uripui

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I already have deactivated that "sticky keys feature" of Windoze.

BTW: I've got "dynamic core" activated in DOSBOX. If I use "full core", the problem still exists. So it _must_ be an issue with DOS32A...

Greets,
Uri

Reply 8 of 9, by mortenmarc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Greetings, […]
Show full quote

Greetings,

I'm successfully using X-COM with latest DOSBOX CVS-build and the DOS32A-extender. Using 30000 CPU-Cycles, X-COM Apocalypse runs very smooth. And thanks to DOS32A my CPU-usage in Windoze is just 65%. Happy
(Against 100% and more using DOS4GW)

So far, so good.

But I've got a big problem. Everytime, during the game (regardless if it's the city view, tactical view or save game menu), I press a key on my keyboard once or several times (f.e. SHIFT-key) instantly my mouse/keyboard gets deactivated. That means the game itself continues running but I neither can move the mouse pointer nor use the keyboard further on. That's annoying as I can't enter a savegame or base name.

Strange problem...

Has anyone got this, too? And probably a solution for me?

Thanks and regrads,
Uri

Other people do seem to have it working, with dos32a
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?s=&s … ndpost&p=112160
post 74 0n the thread, direct linking to it seems not to work, for me atleast.

Reply 9 of 9, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

mortenmarc, this topic is a year old though - it probably was still under 0.63 which gave problems for Apocalypse. I should probably try this game too - under 0.65 it was still a tad unstable and weird.