VOGONS

Reply 23 of 32, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

No. And do not ever ask here for such things again! Anyway, there is probably more corrupted in your copy - ultima.exe should exit telling you to run ultima7.com

Mirek

Reply 26 of 32, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

nice that you could buy and receive a copy of Ultima 7 in two days. Mind telling me where you shop?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 28 of 32, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

and they are selling legit versions there? I highly doubt it

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 29 of 32, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

nice that you could buy and receive a copy of Ultima 7 in two days. Mind telling me where you shop?

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that. I would love to shop there and see what other out of print games they have. 😉

Reply 31 of 32, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Singapore has some rather nice shops in that department. I've found the legitimacy rather questionable, though.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 32 of 32, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Haven't been to the ones in Singapore, but when I lived in Thailand I would go to Panthip Plaza in Bangkok. It's a 4 story shopping center of computer and software stores. Many times it's hard to tell if you are getting legitimate software or not because it will be identical right down to the packaging and labeling, even being pressed cds instead of burnt ones.