VOGONS

Chasm The Rift--Terribly Slow

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Chubster98

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone. I am new to the website and just recently installed DosBox. I use it to run Chasm The Rift. It starts fine but once the game starts it is terribly slow. I adjust the Cycles and Framerate and it helps a little bit but still unplayable.
I read a previous post about Chasm The Rift from HunterZ. He talked about CVS builds (which i currenty don't have one) and it seemed to help the other guy. Could someone please help me make it run faster so i can play it? Thanks, I appreciate it. 😀

Reply 2 of 7, by Chubster98

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey i downloaded a CVS Build that made the game work great if Cycles are at 30,000. But now there is a new problem. Whenever i strafe left or right my crosshair looks all the way up. I dont know if this is part of the game or what. What you think?
BTW: thx a bunch for ur help 😉

Reply 6 of 7, by SickSnickers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well now, my first post, hope it's useful somehow.

Sorry for bumping up this nostalgic thread but I will post the answer, for speeding that up.

1. Install the Game
2. Download the latest Patch 1.05 (csmtcpip.exe)
3. Copy the downloaded file to the game folder (eG c:\chasm)
4. Execute it within DOSBox:

cd c:\chasm
c:
csmtcpip.exe

5. Apply the Fix.exe too
(It will install 2 new Files)
6. Backup PS10.exe
(type: copy ps10.exe ps10ori.exe)
6. The most complicated Part: (from cgboard-forum)
use an hex editor and change the bytes inside PS10.exe
at offset 0x14030 from f7 f3 to 90 90

Now you are able to use core=dynamic and the max screen resolution.
Don't know, why that's it.

Reply 7 of 7, by Dybdal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone, i've had my own problem with Chasm: The Rift that i hope someone knows why is happening.
I've installed the game as it should be, with the patch + hex editor fix and it runs absolutly as it should be but there is one problem that makes the game absolutly unplayable for me and its the Mouse.

When you play the mouse will start to drag or drift to the left side and up for no reason.. without input from the mouse it self. I've tried this in both a SVN build from Daum and the stock standart newest DosBOX with an unedited conf file. whelp me please