VOGONS

some questions...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Thorgoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi there ppl
i am kind of new in this how-to-play-old-pc-games thing....
i have read as much replys-online faqs as i could so that i wouldn't ask
something too stupid...
i am using DOSbox 0.63..
have a 2.0Gz pent 4
256 RAM 32 MB ATI
xp en homeSP2 pc..
and some problems...
note that for resident evil game i searched in here...

resident evil 1.........i got 4 .rar files
Resident_Evil_[Capcom][1997][rip][group_Paradigm]
Resident_Evil_[Capcom][1997][rip_addon][Movies]
Resident_Evil_[Capcom][1997][rip_addon][Music][group_Razor1911]
Resident_Evil_[Capcom][1997][rip_addon][Sound][group_Paradigm]

so... i extracted the files from the first which is the game without movies-music-sounds....
i extracted the sound and music addons and copy-paste them inside the main game file...
Movies...i extract them...copy-paste then too BUT...when i opened the Movies file my pc crashed...not just once all the time...maybe corrupted or damaged file i will re-download it
i also checked the files NOT to be read-only....and changed the compatibility option for the .exe's...
i installed the game...it started...sounds and music wotking fine....BUT after a while 20 secs or something there is a sound like a man-talking-classox-or something like that...WTF??
i also get a stuck screen thing....if you know what i mean

what should i do to properly play this game??? 🤐 🤐
(don't tell me to buy the psx version or something like that)
thankx for reading and sorry for being so big topic....

DEATH IS LIFE

Reply 1 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We can't help you.....

You've just downloaded a game off the Internet that is copyrighted, AKA it's illegal to download. Therefore since this site doesn't support such activities we can't help you.

Also it's a PITA to support even normal PC games, so supporting some hacked/ripped version off the internet is even more of a PITA.

I suggest going to your local used video game story. Looking for Resident Evil 1. Actualy slapping down the $$$. Then go home and either pop the disc into a playstation or break out the EPSX emulator.....instead of playing a crappy port of a PSX game on your PC which was probably ripped wrong in the first place.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 10, by Thorgoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DosFreak i forgot to mention that i own this game but my brother has it so i just asked him to copy it (not illegal we own the original copy) and give me the links to get it..
i live in greece and he in tanzmania.....
and i am not going to buy a game that i already have.....so can you know help me or something??

DEATH IS LIFE

Reply 4 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DosFreak i forgot to mention that i own this game but my brother has it so i just asked him to copy it (not illegal we own the original copy)

You'd be suprised. I highly doubt the EULA in the game allows you to aquire a backup copy from a media other than your own. Usually it's only legal to make a backup of your own media. (and this depends on your country's own laws of course)

Of course no one is really going to care since you already have the game anyway. 😉

It sounds like you have multple problems with the game. My copy was corrupted quite some time ago so I really can't help you.....and I think you'll find it very hard for people to help you with a ripped game since it sounds like it has problems. You'll be far better off asking your "brother" 😉 how to get it working.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 10, by Thorgoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so..........
Mr DosFreak...i actually got a Resi 1 platinum psx copy...
know i just have to make it work with the epsxe......
i haven't tried yet....but you will be the first to recieve a PM if i have any questions!!
fair enough don't you thing??
plz don't ask me why i don't own a psx...i just DON'T
(sorry for caps)
😀

DEATH IS LIFE

Reply 8 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Resident_Evil_[Capcom][1997][rip][group_Paradigm]

i own this game but my brother has it so i just asked him to copy it (not illegal we own the original copy) and give me the links to get it

suuuuuuuuuuuuuure

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 9 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Wll, I guess nobody believed him anyway... Why would his brother (supposedly having legal copy), gave him this official pirated release and not a CD copy of his "legal" game (which would be an illegal thing to do anyway, but that is another thing)...
You misunderstood this thread - Thorgoth was just testing our intelligence. 😀

Mirek