VOGONS

First post, by 286dos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hiya

Looking for a game I used to play on my 286 10-13 years ago, I've searched and searched and despite my best efforts I'm unable to find it.

It was a platform game, set in the future, in space, similar to captain comic, except that the in game scale was about 1:3 of the size of captain comic, so everything was smaller in contrast but you could see a larger viewable area at once.

From what I recollect.. points were gained from killing enemies and possibly collecting various coloured 4 pointed stars/diamonds..

There were atleast 3 episodes, possibly four, the file naming style, (I think) was of the general pattern per episode was sq1, sq2, sq3, possibly ssq1 ssq2 ssq3 etc..

No.. it's not Sierras Space Quest.

As the subject says, I'll gladly pay the first person who finds and provides this game $15 USD by paypal. Please respond by replying to this topic not by private message.

Thanks in advance

Reply 10 of 16, by 286dos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

nope, not Jetpack, not Jetman and not Starquake and I said it wasnt' secret agent.. secret agent isn't in space it's on an island on earth, quite possibly not in the future either, judging by the IBM mainframes with tape reels on the front.

Reply 11 of 16, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Well Jason Storm in Space Chase then, i'm out of ideas after that 😀

Last edited by Harekiet on 2006-02-11, 09:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 13 of 16, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ooh yeah, that was one game I couldn't remember the name off - I could imagine it in my head, but just couldn't remember the name.

EDIT: just gave it a go, still quite a bit of fun. Reminds me a great deal of Commander Keen though 😜

Reply 14 of 16, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

he he, great thread. Needs to be preserved 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 15 of 16, by Tatti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've tried to download Jason Storm from various sites, but the first episode of the three seems always to be missing. Instead of it, there is some silly (and very short) demo version. Do you know where could I find the whole game? (The first episode was the only one a friend of mine had some twelve years ago, and I used to play it with her machine, so I think I really know something is missing...)