Rank Newbie
Rank

Just some up front info, I'm running the following:

P4 2.6ghz
1.5gb RAM
NVidia GForce FX 5600
DosBox 0.63
WinXP Pro SP2

Most of my DOS games run pretty good if I overclock to an average of 8000-12000.

I looked up the list of supported games and Seawolf was one of them. According to the tester it ran well with no problems. For me it runs just fine when you launch it in DOSBox, however, when you attempt to go to the sonar waterfall screen, the CPU usage jumps up to 100% in the task manager, even at 3000 cycles on the CPU. I'm not sure if the program is locking up or if this is just hammering the CPU. I was hoping someone out there has this game running and maybe can give me some tips. This is by far one of my favorite DOS games and I would love to get it running. At any rate, once you go to that waterfall screen, the only way to get out is to terminate DOSBox altogether. The game is pretty hard to play if you can't use that sonar waterfall screen so it is necessary. I've read the tips on performance and tried a number of things (setting CPU to dynamic, turning off scaling, etc). Nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dave C

Reply 1 of 5, by CoolD373

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nevermind. I figured this one out after pulling my hair for a few hours. I disabled the sound and when I did that it ran beautiful on the waterfall screen. No problems. So I worked my way up from there. Instead of emulating SB16 I switched to SBPro2 for both Midi and sound. Runs great now.

Dave C

Reply 5 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You sound like a Mac user because EMS might have been false'd.

try setting
ems = true
in dosbox.conf
and enjoy your sub!!! shooting at the ship!!! and then that 3d title screen!!!!

apsosig.png
long live PCem