VOGONS

First post, by bioforge-manianc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have downloaded the game and extratced it to C-drive.

After mounting the suitable directory, there's a message saying my CDROM can't be detected and can't ruin the game at all.

Can anyone please help me since I haven't played it for nearly 10 years??

Million Thanks!!!!

Reply 2 of 19, by bioforge-manianc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

mount C C:\Omega\bioforge (where the game is installed)

mount D D:\ -t cdrom -ioctl -label BIOFORGE ( I don't know whether this line is correct or not, since I just tried mindlessly. Even not typing this line, the game doesn't work either.)

Reply 3 of 19, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should use...

mount c c:\

{Yeah, I know it isn't recommended}

The CD mounting line seems okay.

and then, inside dosbox...

Z:\>c:
c:\>cd omega\bioforge
C:\OMEGA\BIOFORGE\>bioforge

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 19, by Gwhite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not to hijack this thread, but could someone explain why mounting the C:\ drive is not recommended? I have some programs that I run in XP's "DOS" on my C: drive, and I'd like to be able to run them in DOSBox as well without having to re-write various batch & configuration files.

Thanks!

Reply 5 of 19, by bioforge-manianc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, the same problem message appears :

A problem was detected:
Bioforge was unable to locate the CDROM drive or the game CD. Please check to see if you have loaded the appropriate drivers as well as the CD itself.

Reply 6 of 19, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Gwhite: Because some programs automatically look for and modify files in c:\windows directory for example. This is of course not desirable when running an emulator 😀

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 8 of 19, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this before, but since you have downloaded the game there's little we can do. Besides the legality of this, the copy you have might be corrupted, not properly made or any other million things that could be wrong...

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 9 of 19, by bioforge-manianc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded it from a popular site which includes thousands of DOS games, I don't know if that contravenes legality or not.

However, when I was a kid 10 years ago, I played Bioforge sometimes withe this same CD ROM problem too, so there's nothing to do with corruption I think.

Can anyone please help?

Reply 11 of 19, by bioforge-manianc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes. You're right, I have mounted it as A:\

WHen I was astounded that it ran to a latter step, I was again disappointed by a message:

ERROR 2, No such file or directory
File error during [OPEN] in "A:\SHOW\INTRO.SHO"
Drive: +/- , Handle: -1
Device: N, File: Y, Read N , Write: N

Dos error 6
Ext error 6, Class: 0, ActionL 1, Locus: 0
Flic Files
Bioforge has encountered an error during gameplay.
Ensure you are using the optimal boot disk configuration as listed in the Bioforge Install Guide and check the Trouble SHooting section for a possible solution.

Million Thanks!!

Reply 14 of 19, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

copy some other SHO file and name that INTRO.SHO
There is proably some end.sho or endgame.sho.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 17 of 19, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sounds like you're using a ripped version which would explain why it can't detect the CD since it's not a real version. My Bioforge runs perfectly without having to take any special steps.

Reply 18 of 19, by Gwhite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not to hijack this thread, but could someone explain why mounting the C:\ drive is not recommended? I have some programs that I run in XP's "DOS" on my C: drive, and I'd like to be able to run them in DOSBox as well without having to re-write various batch & configuration files.

Thanks!