VOGONS

First post, by neeco80

User metadata

Hi all,

Anyone can help? Any advice or way to look at?

There's my problem again:

When trying to load Dark Legions, the game freezes and make DosBox close without any error message, the screen is filled with vertical blue lines, but the screen look nearly always the same, no matter what options I change, the problem seems to be with sound, because when I disable it in the setup (SOUND.EXE), it works perfectly... I tried all the Sound Blaster options with all IRQ and all (I think, there's alot), same result, also tried VDMSound... I'm using DosBox 0.65 with WinXP SP2, I have a SB Audigy 2. I also tried putting the files A32SP2FM.DLL and A32SBPDG.DLL in the DRV folder since the file SOUND.INI mention using them (when openning it with Notepad) and they arn't present after install (found somewhere on the net), but no result... PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for your help!
Nicolas

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

*** Rewrote topic title to get rid of acronym ***

*** Moving to DOSBox Games/Apps... ***

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 3, by evo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I cannot confirm your issues, everything seems to work fine, at least to the copy protection screen which I currently cannot bypass because I don't have access to the manual. I'm however using a somewhat modified cvs version.
Also I find it weird that there isn't any error message. There should be at least a segmentation fault or something else (might be different for windoze though)
Also you should know that DOSBox cannot access your hardware directly (would require a driver to do so) so you can't use your Audigy anyways, just go with the SBPro and use the settings from dosbox.conf.