VOGONS

First post, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

After the intro, I get thrown back to the DOS prompt with an error saying "Digital driver A32SBDG.DLL not found". Of course, the file A32SBDG.DLL is right there, sitting in the same folder, in broad daylight.

In fact... the game's setup program, which includes sound/music testing, plays digital sound (and general midi music) without problems.

The intro and the game are two separate executables actually, and the intro (ADPLAY.EXE) runs fine without complaints. It's just the game executable (RAVEN.EXE) which seem to have difficulties finding a file that's right under its nose.

Notes...

- This is the original floppy version of the game, not the CD version.
- I had to replace dos4gw.exe with dos32a.exe.
- DOSBox version is 0.65.
- I did check the drive mounting, etc... everything seems to be in order.

Any ideas? Has anyone been able to run this game successfully?

Thanks
VR

Reply 1 of 3, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No problems running it here, and I am still using dos4gw.exe instead of the replacement. It also works for me running shadow.bat with VDMSound in Windows. Maybe run the install again for the sound, because I suspect the DLL is the sound driver by the name A32SBDG.DLL.

Reply 3 of 3, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, it works now - apparently the game must be presuaded to think that it's running from C:\SHADOW and no other location is acceptable... so I changed the mounting to reflect that.

Under VDMSound it still seems to crash for some reason, with either dos4gw or dos32a... I'll have to look into it. Anyway, thanks for the replies.